Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Supervisor Field Asset Services
Would you like a role that will require you to take your technical and people management skills to a new level?
At WEL Networks, we’ve been providing a highly reliable electricity supply to the Waikato for 100 years. Based in Hamilton, we play an essential role in the region’s development by delivering innovative energy solutions, which enables our communities to thrive and keep the lights on 24 /7. We provide a fully integrated electricity network management service which includes planning, design, delivery and operation.
As a Supervisor you will contribute to the safe, efficient and reliable operation of the WEL network by supervising work of our newly formed team of Cable Locators, Data Capture Technicians and Network Asset Inspectors. Ensuring accuracy, consistency and reliability of the information and assets on the distribution network.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Optimise the performance and development of their staff
- Ensure the delivery of assigned tasks and projects in the field, in compliance with data and formation capture requirements
- Optimise the utilisation and performance of tools, plant and equipment, as well as the commercial performance of the unit
- Set new benchmarks that others will want to follow
To be successful in this position you will need to:
- Have proven, extensive technical knowledge within the distribution industry, supported by a recognised and relevant trade qualification (Level 4 Electrical)
- Have demonstrated experience in motivating and leading teams in varying and at time challenging environments
- Demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to workplace safety
- Strive for high quality, productivity and continuous improvement
WEL offers a competitive package and a professional working environment - we look after our people. We will help you with relocation expenses if you are moving into our area and our staff benefits include fully funded medical and life insurance!
We are also committed to being a drug and alcohol free worksite so before you are confirmed into a role at WEL you will be required to undertake a drug and alcohol test.
If you feel this role is a good fit for your current skills and future aspirations, please submit an online application at www.wel.co.nz – where you can also see a detailed position description.
Permanent - Full Time
Job no: JZFP914665
Closing Date: Friday, 29 November 2019